With this being said, take a look at these fantastically carved Halloween pumpkins. I was passing them one evening on the way to the train down Union Park.
They are all beautifully carved scenes from Harry Potter.
Here, you can see the kids arriving to Hogwarts by boat.
I believe this scene depicts Gringotts, but I could be wrong. When it rains, the water comes rushing down that PVC piping. Very ingenious.
This one, out of focus, is of the Great Hall with floating jack-o-lanterns.
Our beloved Hedwig! What I love about these carvings is how the artist scraped inside of the pumpkins in order to create thinner walls in certain areas to allow really eerie and effective lighting variances.
This one had me stumped until Uncle Buck finally realized it was the Sorting Hat.
So, Happy Hauntings everyone, and Happy Turkey Day!
Yankee Doodle Dandy,
-TYG
What, no depiction of Buckbeak getting beheaded in the pumpkin patch?
ReplyDelete