Monday, February 22, 2010

Overworked YankeeGirl. . .or just mentally challenged?

Has anyone out there lost/gained a day or two in their life? You know, you wake up thinking it's Friday, then around 3:00 PM you smack yourself in the forehead because, doh, it's Thursday? Or how about waking up late on Monday, sleeping in, only to realize it's not Sunday?

Well, I've taken that to the extreme last week. Thursday morning, I jumped out of bed at 5:00 AM realizing that it wasn't the 25th, but the 18th.

Yes, I said the 25th, not the 18th. You'll notice the 7 day difference there.

I had been working the entire week with an agenda to close the accounts payable system and get the billing in, because it was the last week of the month. I had emailed all our vendors for their invoices and spoke to all the project managers about getting everything in my hands for Thursday so I would make the overnight that night for Friday delivery.

I even freaked out on Thursday night when I got home. You see, the mail man still hadn't delivered my commuter voucher for March. How was I suppose to get my much needed train pass for Monday when I don't go to work in the city on Friday to get it? What if the mail man still doesn't deliver it Friday? Needless to say my Lenten promise of no expletives flew out the window.

I was in a full alarm emergency and panic.

After a night of fitful sleep, that's when I jolted out of bed smacking my forehead with the heel of my hand. "Oh no!" The guilt of emailing all those vendors overtook me. I had to get up and rectify the situation immediately. I frantically signed into my work computer and apologized for my idiocy hoping they'd understand and not cast me off as a complete frazzle-brain. Even though I am. Can't let everyone in on that secret. I have an image to maintain.

So, yes, I've lost a day here and there in my life, or, if I'm lucky, gained one. BUT A WHOLE WEEK? I don't know what to say for myself.

I also don't know what to say to all my co-workers that kept supporting my delusion by not correcting me all week. Sick joke on their behalf, or maybe I'm not the real frazzle-brain here.

Yankee Doodle Dandy,
-TYG

No comments:

Post a Comment