Tuesday, October 2, 2012

A Dollar Store Spooky Village DIY



Another Pinterest find from 36th Ave totally worth doing:  a DIY Dollar Store Spooky Village. This village, as shown, cost me $8 for supplies at the Dollar Tree, and left over spray paint I had in the garage.

Well, I  guess it's too much to ask for the Halloween stuff to be put out in the stores in August, I guess I shouldn't be surprised about the Christmas items already in stores now. Well, for this project, it turns out to be a plus. The Dollar Tree has started to put out their Christmas Village ceramic pieces. I purchased four houses, the gate, and a pack of three villagers ($6).

I then used a matte black spray paint that was leftover from refinishing our fire pit and gave all the pieces two light coats. I assume that I will never be setting the village on fire to test the High Heat resistant paint. However, it was the only matte black I had; everything else was a high gloss, and I agree with the source website that the matte really makes the village look old and spooky.
I used candle sticks that I already had to put the houses at different levels. I purchased a piece of creepy cloth ($1) to drape under the village, and purchased a bag of spooky, plastic rings that had bats to have them fly around the village ($1).

I'm really happy with the results, and I can see this little village growing year after year. I would love to add some trees, cars, coffins...Oh, the ideas are endless!




I hope you have a Spooktacular Halloween Season!

Yankee Doodle Dandy,
–TYG

No comments:

Post a Comment