I'm exhausted. I just spent the last 12.5 hours cooking, entertaining, then cleaning up after my son's second birthday party, yet I'm still blogging tonight. Glutton for punishment, I guess.
Well, today's post is a quickie on a DIY felt board.
I've had this 16" x 20" canvas board for so long, it's developed holes and tears from storage. I also had this blank wall that was itching for something to be hung for a certain MonkeyBoy entertainment area in the kitchen. I purchased this board about 10 or 11 years ago, but they are about $3-$4 at our local Job Lot stores.
Joann Fabrics had a pretty good sale this Thanksgiving weekend, so I took advantaged and bought one yard of green felt for about $2.00, and a couple sheets of pre-cut felt for another $1.00.
I cut a piece to cover the canvas, and used a staple gun to adhere it to the frame.
Next, I just cut out shapes to "stick" to the board. I opted for a farm seen with a blue tractor for the first board, since we just had a tractor party for my son. I thought the kids would have fun with it.
A little bit of fabric glue to make some embellishments to the cow and barn, and voilá!
As long as there is a tractor, or anything else with wheels, I think we have a winner for MonkeyBoy.
Yankee Doodle Dandy,
–TYG






No comments:
Post a Comment