Monday, November 18, 2013

DIY: Personalized Peep and the Big Wide World Canvas Art

courtesy Amazon.com

I saw this on Amazon.com, and fell in love. Again, my son's a huge fan, but cash is low this year, so most of his gifts are going to be handmade. 

Now, I'm an artist. I have canvas. I have paints. I have brushes. I don't have the time, but we buck up and bear it. Here was my solution to make a Peep personalized canvas art for Monkeyboy.



The first step was to find the image I wanted to paint and sketch it on a 16" x 20" canvas.



The colors came out very vibrant. I left plenty of room on the left hand side to paint his name. I had completed a preview in Photoshop to be sure I had the placement just right.
Now, to make the letters look like vinyl or cut out fonts, I printed them off on a printer via MS Word.











After cutting the letter out, I scribbled graphite/pencil all over the back of the print outs.

I taped the letters where I wanted them placed on the canvas, then I used a pencil to trace the letters onto the board.
The graphite left a light outline of the letters in the font I wanted.
A very steady hand, and the result was absolutely fabulous. Made even more so because this didn't cost me a dime since I had all the supplies in stock. 

Until the next!
Yankee Doodle Dandy,
– TYG



1 comment:

  1. 10 Best Coin Casino Sites – Crypto Casino - Casinoworld
    › casino-sites › 10- › casino-sites › 10- Nov 20, 2021 — Nov 20, 2021 Best Coin Casino Sites 2021 – Crypto Casino - Casinoworld · 1. Wildz Casino · 2. Playamo Casino · 3. Wildz Casino · 4. Ignition Casino · 5. 제왕 카지노 Rival Casino · 6. Red Dog Casino 인카지노 · 7. LeoVegas Casino. 카지노사이트

    ReplyDelete