It's been a long, hot, and sweaty summer, but I feel confident, that today I'm done with the baby's room.
![]() |
| Click Pics to Enlarge |
As I had mentioned before, due to lack of storage space, we decided to put NukeBoy's boyhood trundle bed in the room. Hanging over the bed is an old, six-paned window that is suspended by a Monkey Chain knot. In the corner are the buoys I repainted, and over the side dresser is a print I found in a New Bedford antique store of "The Wasp."
I would ultimately like to find single post, brass drawer pulls with backplate for the side dresser to match the hardware on the trundle bed and toy chest. Of course, I found four out of five at a salvage store in New Bedford. Always the way...
On the side dresser is the anchor lamp, picture of Daddy from Block Island, and a giant conk shell.
Over the side of the trundle bed I hung another anchor, four picture frames that I would like to fill with family holding little punkin', and a shelf I painted to match the wall holding all kinds of mini nautical trinkets.
Although, this family's pretty happy.
The trinkets include tiny boats in bottles, beach sand from Galilee, a deck prism from Mystic Seaport along with an adorable glass whale, tiny prints of various ships from the 18th and 19th century, and a model replica of "The Flying Cloud" that was given to my grandfather by my mother.
Under the shelf is an aptly titled coat rack.
When you enter the room, you are greeted by his little rocking chair with stacked nautical storage boxes where he can hide all his treasure, along with his new crib.
If we do decide on Archer for his name, I'm lucky to have found the needed letters in a box of old spelling blocks, which I placed on a life preserver ring shelving unit.
The back of the room toward the windows is the changing table and rocking chair. I can also see Daddy's monkey's fist hanging from the closet that Mommy got him in Bar Harbor, ME.
Here's a better view of his crib. I wrapped a breathable bumper around the rails to prevent little arms and hands from getting caught; breathable so as to prevent SIDS.
Hanging over his crib will be quilted square panels that will match his crib quilt, also a stack of fish.
Another awesome find was this cedar chest and drawer I found in a consignment shop that perfectly matches the trundle bed.
All in all, I'm very happy with the room. It definitely has a boy's feel to it, but isn't screaming "I'm an infant!" with pastel colors, Winnie the Pooh, and fluffy bunnies.
Blah.
Now, I just need baby boy to fill this room with noise, laughter, and love.
Yankee Doodle Dandy,
-TYG
Yankee Doodle Dandy,
-TYG



No comments:
Post a Comment