Sunday, September 26, 2010

Before and After

The first items I tweaked were these great finds at a local flea market. These buoys were pretty dull and nasty, and obviously, didn't mate with the color scheme of the room. Simple fix: wash thoroughly, scrape off the loose, old paint, then repainted with the baby's standard color scheme of navy, sky blue, yellow, and white.


Before
Click pics to enlarge
After


The next item I wanted him to have is a homemade afghan from Mommy. His trundle bed is very blue, with no other color. I thought I would introduce that great light, lemon-yellow by making this ripple throw. Seven skeins later, here is the finished product:

       

The third and largest project by far was refurbishing this changing table to the room's color schemes. NukeBoy and I had to sand all the pieces down, then a coat of brown spray paint was adhered. The next steps were to cover the shelving with fabric that matched the room. I topped it off with a brand new contoured changing pad, and the best advice I received so far: covered the pad with the exact color of his bed sheets by purchasing king sized pillow covers. These covers fit perfectly, match his current set, are very cheap, and wash very easily.



Next step: making his crib quilt.










Things are moving right along! Pretty busy mommy, over here!

Yankee Doodle Dandy,
-TYG

No comments:

Post a Comment