- I rarely eat a hot meal. The kid eats first.
- I don't pee alone. The kid has to come to the door and watch.
- I don't shower alone. The kid joins me.
- I only get five to six hours of intermittent sleep a night. The kid nurses every couple hours.
I was so excited at my six-week post pardum doctor's visit when I was given the go to resume my regular activites. I could work out again (among other things *wink*wink*). The Jeep Liberty stroller was itching for an inaugural turn around the neighborhood, the kid needs fresh air, and mama needs some exercise. Who'd of thought we would have a snowpocolypse every week making the sidewalks impassable?
So, today I got on the treadmill for the first time since my second trimester. I needed to start chisling down the 46 pounds I gained to give birth to the MonkeyBoy. I was able to drop the first 28 pounds in the first six weeks, but the remaining 18 are going to take some work.
The kid was in the Björn walking with me. He likes to cry a lot now. This at least put him to sleep for 25 minutes. I just wish I had the energy to go longer...
Yankee Doodle Dandy,
–TYG
A very handsome young man. Believe it or not, these are the good years. You'll eventually get your life back, so hang in there...
ReplyDeleteJoe T.
Dublin, OH