This $5, yard sale bookcase was the perfect find to create a toy storage bench for my son's room, now that his crib has vacated the premises.
I based my idea off of the Pinterest pin that has been circulating for over a year.
1. Find a narrow bookcase that can lay on its side.
2. Sand and clean the bookcase to prep for paint.
3. Because the shelf was black, I had to use three coats of primer.
4. I then spray painted the unit white with a professional enamel for durability.
5. The last touch was to get baskets to fit the shelf openings and start storing all the clutter, ah, I mean toys.
I think this bench turned out fabulous, and I couldn't have bestowed it on a more deserving recipient.
"Oooo, thank yooouuu! I love my table!"
It's great to have some space to actually play in his own room, now.
Until the next...
Yankee Doodle Dandy,
– TYG



Looks Great! Definitely going to have to try this out!
ReplyDeleteWow! I am so impressed! What a great find, congrats and great job turning it into something so fabulous!
ReplyDeletexo,
Jen