Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Repurposed Long-Sleeved T's

So, this may have been obvious to the majority of the population, but I only just had my "a-ha moment" this morning, so bear with me.

I was just mentioning to my husband the other day that I was going to have to buy a few more summer t-shirts for our toddler since I didn't have enough to go around for a week.

So, I'm going through my son's closet, putting laundry away, then it dawned on me: why not repurpose his long-sleeved T's into short-sleeved ones? He has a ton of shirts that are, in all essence, short-sleeved T's with a different colored sleeve attached to make it long.

So, after examining the seams, I decided to just cut the long sleeve off of the shirt, and voilĂ , instant summer T's!

Apparently, the long sleeve was sewn on while hemming the short sleeve portion at the same time. Ripping the stitches would mean re-hemming, and I didn't want to go through that much effort.
And there you have it! All in all, I was able to get seven summer t-shirts without spending a red cent, plus I was able to get more wear out of these shirts that still fit very comfortably.

Yay! Go mama for saving money and thinking green!








Yankee Doodle Dandy,
– TYG

No comments:

Post a Comment