Wednesday, September 26, 2012

I Love FREE!


My husband is having his classic 1962, lab/science office remodeled. One item I was super excited about out of the many things now crowding our garage, was this chalkboard. With the installation of SmartBoards in all his classrooms, these old relics were up for grabs.

It was orignally set up as a vertical board that was doubling as a door to a cabinet. I had to take the chalk ledge and move it to the horizontal, fill in the holes, and give it a fresh coat of paint so it matched the walls and woodwork.
I hung it in the hallway as a temporary place. It's permanant home will eventually be the wall that MonkeyBoy's crib is now up against in his bedroom.

I know, I know; he's 22 months; why not a big boy bed already? Well, he's showing no signs of wanting to learn how to climb out of his crib, he's controlled in the crib, so no worries of him running around the house getting hurt, and my philosphy is if it ain't broke, don't fix it.




So anyway, I'm loving this new addition, and so is MonkeyBoy. Now, dust is a concern, but I'm finding that baby wipes work beautifully in controlling the chalk dust rather than the classic erasers.

Although, cleaning the erasers could make a good ol' school disciplinary tool when MonkeyBoy acts up. Then again, he'd probably think swimming in a dust cloud would be awesome.

Yankee Doodle Dandy,
–TYG

2 comments:

  1. We just had A's two year check-up and the doc advised that if she's not climbing out of the crib to keep her here until she's three. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A part of me is DYING to get that thing out of there so we can start putting his "big boy" furniture and toys in there, but I totally agree: Let sleeping dogs (monkeys) lie! :D

      Delete